Data Recovery & Cloud BackupYour business data backup strategy has to protect an increasing set of servers, desktops and laptops that store critical and confidential business data.
Cloud is the fastest growing technology surpassing the growth of all other services in the known modern technological age.
What is your business continuity strategy (BCP)?
More and more companies are turning to cloud computing as a means to access their data everyday. Principally because with cloud computing you can access your data 24/7/365 and from any device.
What is your disaster recovery strategy (DR)?
Your requirements will be determined by your business’s size and industry. Our cloud services are made up of a range of infrastructures, including public cloud IaaS, managed private cloud, managed hosting, security and application services. This means we can support you at every step of your journey to the cloud.
Some interesting stats about data loss
- 6% of all PCs will suffer an episode of data loss in any given year. Given the number of PCs used in
US businesses in 1998, that translates to approximately 4.6 million data loss episodes. At a
conservative estimate, data loss cost US businesses $11.8 billion in 1998. (The Cost Of Lost Data,
David M. Smith)
- 30% of all businesses that have a major fire go out of business within a year. 70% fail within five
years. (Home Office Computing Magazine)
- 31% of PC users have lost all of their files due to events beyond their control.
- 34% of companies fail to test their tape backups, and of those that do, 77% have found tape back-
- 60% of companies that lose their data will shut down within 6 months of the disaster.
- 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for
bankruptcy within one year of the disaster. 50% of businesses that found themselves without data
management for this same time period filed for bankruptcy immediately. (National Archives &
Records Administration in Washington)
- American business lost more than $7.6 billion as a result of viruses during first six months of 1999.
(Research by Computer Economics)
- Companies that aren’t able to resume operations within ten days (of a disaster hit) are not likely to
survive. (Strategic Research Institute)
- Every week 140,000 hard drives crash in the United States. (Mozy Online Backup)
Simple drive recovery can cost upwards of $7,500 and success is not guaranteed.
The above statistics were gathered from various sources